Despite similar consumption rates, Black people are arrested for marijuana possession at alarmingly higher rates than white people. The failure of the War on Drugs has resulted in mass incarceration and racial disparities within our prison system.
American Civil Liberties Union. Graphic.aclu.org. 8 Sept. 2020
Why This Initiatives is Important:
1. Two-thirds of Americans support the legalization of marijuana.
2. Legalizing marijuana will reduce the number of incarcerations,
3. Expunging previous marijuana charges will aid job-seekers and
4. The War on Drugs is used to convict people of color; it is time to
5. Black people are more likely to be killed by a police officer than